Saturday, October 29, 2016

NFPA 170 - FIRE SAFETY AND EMERGENCY SYMBOLS

Table 6.7.3 Symbols for Related Equipment

This is an interesting table, as there are (2) symbols with no descriptions, but I am only interested in the door holder symbol. In the past, for practicality, I have used a box with the letters DH in it, which is perfectly fine in my opinion (since that is what I have been doing anyway), but in an effort to maintain a close adherence to NFPA code, and its application to design, then one would want to use the symbol shown below. It is an unwieldy symbol in that there seems to be no logical orientation to it and the related door and wall, or door and floor. Nonetheless, I will incorporate the NFPA 170 symbol whenever possible.

Actual screenshot of page excerpt )table)




CAD block created for use in drawings.